Rewrite these sentences beginning with the underlined words.
- They may ban the film.
- They offered Nancy a pay increase.
- We need to correct the mistakes.
- Someone reported that the situation was under control.
- They are testing the new drug.
- We haven’t used the machine for ages.
Write a second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first. Use the word in brackets.
- Pavarotti sang the song. (by)
- Nigel’s passport was stolen. (had)
- They pay doctors a lot of money. (are)
- I hope they’ll interview me for the job. (to)
- Someone was cleaning the floor.(being)
6. A mechanic is repairing Judy’s car. (having)