Try replacing them with better ones!
- Accomplish: Raju worked hard and accomplished getting a good job.
Jack and Jill went up the hill and accomplished the task of getting some water from an old well.
- Advise: The elder sisters of Princess September advised her to keep the bird inside the cage and lock it in.
I was advised by my teacher to practise more maths problems.
- In possession of: I am in possession of an old knife which my father had brought from China.
The old man is in possession of a dozen of old cars which he bought when he was in service.
- Anticipate: I did not anticipate the holidays to end so soon.
He anticipated to get a very high score for the maths test.
- Application: He removed the stain from his shirt with the repeated application of a rare detergent.
He healed his wound by repeated application of an antiseptic lotion.
- Ascertain: It is hard to ascertain the damage caused by the cyclone.
I cannot ascertain the real value of the pen which I had got as a gift.
- By the name of: I know a scientist by the name of David.
Do you have a chemical by the name of Chlorinate of Carbon?
- Caused injuries to: The accident in the science lab caused injuries to several students.
The glass dome fell on those standing below and caused injuries to several of them.
- Concerning: There was a lot of confusion concerning the date of the exam.
There was a lot of discussion concerning who should pay for the damage.
- Fabricate: There was no evidence against him other than what was fabricated by the police.
He was arrested for fabricating some documents for getting a loan from the bank.
- Deem: I didn’t deem it necessary to tell him why we had asked him to come fast.
I deemed that he was telling the right answer but I was wrong.
- Desire: It was always my desire to buy a car called Dezire.
I have a great desire to get the job on a civil servant.
- Disclose: He has not disclosed the secret of his ability to run so fast.
He disclosed who the winner was much before the result was announced.
- Endeavour: He endeavoured to get a very high score in the final exam.
He endeavoured to get a place in the national games team.
- Ensuing: When you commit a crime you should be prepared to face the ensuing problems.
Though we were very bold, none of us were ready to face the ensuing complications of the risky adventure.
- Eschew: The irrelevant part of the article were eschewed by the chief editor.
Can you see to it that the hardest questions are eschewed from the class test?
- Forward: Can you forward this message to the General Manager?
I forwarded the plan to the higher authorities.
- Furnish: He furnished the police with more evidence concerning the murder.
Green leaves furnish a lot of vitamins.
- Have need for: I have no need for an employer who sleeps at work.
You can use my bicycle since I have no need for that for another week.
- In lieu of: I can give you two days of casual leave in lieu of your hard work tonight.
He got nothing in lieu of all the work he had put it.
- In the even that: In the even that he is absent you may talk to his assistant.
In the event that it rains, you can resume the work tomorrow.
- Indicate: The dark clouds indicate that it is going to rain.
The red signal indicates that we should stop and wait.
- Initiate: He has been able to initiate some good social work in his village.
The protest was initiated by the minister’s refusal to apologise for his comment.
- Is of the opinion: We are all of the opinion that he should have kept quiet.
He is of the opinion that God resides in everything around us.
- Kindly: Kindly tell you friend to reply to my letter formally.
Kindly close the door when you go out.
- Lengthy: The comprehension question was too lengthy to be done in an hour.
Why are you making such lengthy reports about all sorts of trivial problems?
- Locate: The police located the place where the thief was hiding.
The teacher asked me to locate the Sahara desert on the map.
- Methodology: I am not sure whether the methodology they used to find out the trace of copper in biscuits was right.
The engineer used an interesting methodology to test the dam’s strength.
- Not too distant future: Space travel will become cheap in not too distant future.
We will have a war for water in not too distant future.
- Partially: The book was partially lifted from old books.
The ventricle is partially divided in animals.